The following are the Sentence Completion Questions in 2017 CSE. This can serve as your reviewer to the upcoming Civil Service Examination.
DIRECTIONS: Circle the word or phrase that is the best completion for each sentence. On your Answer Sheet, shade completely the box that corresponds to your answer.
56. I have been lonely since you___ me anymore. (don’t visit / didn’t visit / visit)
57. Because you _______a friend, I will not ask for an apology. (are / was / will have been)
58. Mary began to cry, so he ____ ashamed. (has been / felt / had not felt)
59. Dad is going back to work now that his health_______ good. (was / will be / is)
60. He just gave up as there________ little he could do. (was / will be / was being)
61. We will visit you in order that we_______ you face-to-face. (see / have seen / saw)
62. Since you lost your job, you ___borrow money from us. (must have / have to /could have)
63. She trusted you because you________ a loyal friend. (will be / hadn’t been / were)
64. My stomach aches, so I______ to the doctor. (was going / will go / had gone)
65. Now that the war ______over, we can get on with our lives. (has been / was / is)
56. don’t visit
62 . have to
64. will go